From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:31, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Erb Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) in the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, midway between Manheim and Lititz, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Previous to its organization about 1794, it was a part of the Rapho Township congregation. The first meetinghouse was built in 1794. At that time the minister and probably bishop of the congregation was Peter Lehman of Rapho Township. The 1955 membership was 243. The bishops were Henry E. Lutz and Homer D. Bomberger; ministers, Joseph A. Boll and Joseph W. Boll; deacon, Harold G. Holdeman. In 2008 the membership was 153; the pastor was Wesley D. Siegrist.

Additional Information

Address: 567 West Lexington Road, Lititz, Pennsylvania

Phone: 717-665-7018

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA 


Author(s) Norman W Nauman
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Nauman, Norman W. "Erb Mennonite Church (Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 26 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Erb_Mennonite_Church_(Lititz,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=94541.

APA style

Nauman, Norman W. (1956). Erb Mennonite Church (Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Erb_Mennonite_Church_(Lititz,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=94541.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 241. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.