From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:12, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Erb Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, was located in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. John Erb, David Martin, Benjamin Ebersole, and others had moved into the Cumberland Valley, 10 miles west of Slate Hill and three miles east of Carlisle. In 1834 John Erb was ordained to the ministry, and the following year he donated ground for the erection of a meetinghouse. This was transferred in 1843 to Abraham Hertzler and Jacob Nissley as trustees, and therefore it is also called "Hertzler." This building and Herr’s, six miles south, provided worship facilities for years in these communities. The cemetery remains, but the building has been razed. The bishop oversight was supplied from Lancaster Mennonite Conference, of which this congregation was always a member.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Erb Mennonite Church (Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 27 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Erb_Mennonite_Church_(Cumberland_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80543.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Erb Mennonite Church (Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Erb_Mennonite_Church_(Cumberland_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80543.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 241. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.