From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:29, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Emmanuel Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), until 1931 known as the Canton Church, located six miles north and one-half west of Moundridge, McPherson County, Kansas, a member of the Western District Conference, was organized in 1875 by Mennonites from Poland.

The Christian Endeavor Society was organized on 8 May 1908. The women’s mission society was organized in 1941. A new church was dedicated on 14 June 1942. The membership in 1955 was 87, with Garman H. Wedel serving as their pastor. Emmanuel withdrew from the General Conference Mennonite Church in 1978.



Author(s) Garman H Wedel
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wedel, Garman H. "Emmanuel Mennonite Church (McPherson County, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 31 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Emmanuel_Mennonite_Church_(McPherson_County,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=63668.

APA style

Wedel, Garman H. (1956). Emmanuel Mennonite Church (McPherson County, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Emmanuel_Mennonite_Church_(McPherson_County,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=63668.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 203-204. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.