From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Elkhart Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Chruch) began holding services in January 1958 and was organized as a congregation with 40 charter members on 31 August 1958. In April 1959 Walter Gering began to serve as pastor. Since its inception the congregation has met in the West Side School but in July 1959 a 4-acre plot with parsonage located at the corner of Hively and Pleasant Plain was purchased on which a meetinghouse was built.


Author(s) William Klassen
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Klassen, William. "Elkhart Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 1 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Elkhart_Mennonite_Church_(Elkhart,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=80423.

APA style

Klassen, William. (1959). Elkhart Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Elkhart_Mennonite_Church_(Elkhart,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=80423.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1078. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.