From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:11, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in western Lancaster County, is a member of the Lancaster Conference. In 1905 a meetinghouse was built in town, where a number of retired Mennonite farmers had settled. A revival meeting followed with 125 confessions. A young people’s Bible meeting was organized in 1911. The congregation in 1955 numbered 225. Noah W. Risser and Clarence E. Lutz were bishops, John W. Hess and Walter D. Keener, Jr., the ministers, and Walter D. Keener deacon. In 2008 the membership was 217; the pastor was Stephen H. Gibbs.

Additional Information

Address: 300 South Spruce Street, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania

Phone: 717-367-7089

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Elizabethtown_Mennonite_Church_(Elizabethtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80415.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Elizabethtown_Mennonite_Church_(Elizabethtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80415.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 186. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.