From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

El Ombu Mennonite Brethren Church was organized in 1948 in the newly established El Ombu settlement, composed largely of former Polish Mennonite Brethren. Its meetinghouse was built in 1955. In 1957 it had a membership of 84, with Tobias Foth as leader. At that time it had two substations, one in Colonia meeting in a home (Robert Foth, leader) and the Montevideo Mission Home at Calle Pedro F. Berro 1114 (John Wall, missionary, leader).


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "El Ombu Mennonite Brethren Church (El Ombu, Uruguay)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=El_Ombu_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(El_Ombu,_Uruguay)&oldid=80407.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). El Ombu Mennonite Brethren Church (El Ombu, Uruguay). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=El_Ombu_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(El_Ombu,_Uruguay)&oldid=80407.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1078. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.