From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Edgeley (now part of the City of Vaughan, part of Metropolitan Toronto) was a "country corners" on No. 7 highway in Vaughan Township about 12 miles (20 km) north of Toronto, Ontario It is within a quarter of a mile of the oldest Mennonite church standing in Ontario (1824) usually known as the Schmitt Mennonite Church. (This church was moved to the Markham Museum in 1976.) A few miles south of Edgeley on the township line between Vaughan and York the Mennonite Brethren in Christ conducted Sunday school and worship in a small country church for a number of years, but the congregation is now extinct.


Author(s) Joseph C. Fretz
Sam Steiner
Date Published 2007


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Sam Steiner. "Edgeley (Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2007. Web. 1 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Edgeley_(Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87221.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Sam Steiner. (2007). Edgeley (Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Edgeley_(Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87221.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 148. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.