From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Edgeley (now part of the City of Vaughan, part of Metropolitan Toronto) was a "country corners" on No. 7 highway in Vaughan Township about 12 miles (20 km) north of Toronto, Ontario It is within a quarter of a mile of the oldest Mennonite church standing in Ontario (1824) usually known as the Schmitt Mennonite Church. (This church was moved to the Markham Museum in 1976.) A few miles south of Edgeley on the township line between Vaughan and York the Mennonite Brethren in Christ conducted Sunday school and worship in a small country church for a number of years, but the congregation is now extinct.


Author(s) Joseph C. Fretz
Sam Steiner
Date Published 2007


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Sam Steiner. "Edgeley (Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2007. Web. 26 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Edgeley_(Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87221.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Sam Steiner. (2007). Edgeley (Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Edgeley_(Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87221.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 148. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.