From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:43, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Edberg, AB, T0B 1J0. (403) 877-2644. Located two miles south of Edberg. Ministers Reg Siemens, Jordan Isaac and Edward Boese served in 2001 as non-salaried congregational leaders. In 1975 there were 108 members; in 1985, 135; in 1988, 123; in 2001, 112. The congregation has been affiliated with the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite conference. The language of worship is English.

The congregation began services in 1959, and formally organized in 1961. The first building was occupied in 1966, with a subsequent building program in 1983. Edward Boese is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from the Linden congregation.

The group operates the Countryside Christian School.

Bibliography

Histories of the Congregations of the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite. Ste. Anne, Man.: Gospel Publishers, 1975.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Edberg Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Edberg, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 30 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Edberg_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Edberg,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=87211.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Edberg Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Edberg, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Edberg_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Edberg,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=87211.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.