From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Das Echo, originally Lehigh Echo, was started in 1897 as a four-page German weekly Mennonite newspaper, edited, published, and printed by Jacob J. Wiebe, Lehigh, Kansas. It carried news, information, and publicity of interest to the Mennonites of the prairie states. The last issue of this weekly found in the Mennonite Library and Archives at Bethel College is dated 1 January 1909. It is likely that Das Echo was discontinued soon afterwards.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Echo, Das (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Echo,_Das_(Periodical)&oldid=87197.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1956). Echo, Das (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Echo,_Das_(Periodical)&oldid=87197.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 140. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.