Revision as of 18:51, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Das Echo, originally Lehigh Echo, was started in 1897 as a four-page German weekly Mennonite newspaper, edited, published, and printed by Jacob J. Wiebe, Lehigh, Kansas. It carried news, information, and publicity of interest to the Mennonites of the prairie states. The last issue of this weekly found in the Mennonite Library and Archives at Bethel College is dated 1 January 1909. It is likely that Das Echo was discontinued soon afterwards.

Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Echo, Das (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 23 Oct 2016.,_Das_(Periodical)&oldid=56103.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1956). Echo, Das (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2016, from,_Das_(Periodical)&oldid=56103.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 140. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.