From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Ebenezer Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, located four miles (6.5 km) east of Buhler, Reno County, Kansas, had its beginning in 1878, when a number of families from Russia settled in the community, with Franz Ediger and Peter Wall as leaders. In 1879 Elder Abraham Schellenberg organized this group as a church; he served as elder until 1906. Their first building, erected in 1880, was of earthen brick, 30 x 50 feet, and was replaced by a frame church in 1900. Other ministers who have served this congregation are Elder Henry Adrian, Franz Ediger, Peter Wall, and Gerhard Franz. In 1921 this congregation united as a body with the Mennonite Brethren Church of Buhler, after having been the mother church of other congregations in Reno, McPherson, and Harvey counties in Kansas.


Author(s) Jacob J Toews
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Toews, Jacob J. "Ebenezer Mennonite Brethren Church (Reno County, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 29 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ebenezer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Reno_County,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=87176.

APA style

Toews, Jacob J. (1956). Ebenezer Mennonite Brethren Church (Reno County, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ebenezer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Reno_County,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=87176.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 136. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.