From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:43, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Ebenezer Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, located four miles (6.5 km) east of Buhler, Reno County, Kansas, had its beginning in 1878, when a number of families from Russia settled in the community, with Franz Ediger and Peter Wall as leaders. In 1879 Elder Abraham Schellenberg organized this group as a church; he served as elder until 1906. Their first building, erected in 1880, was of earthen brick, 30 x 50 feet, and was replaced by a frame church in 1900. Other ministers who have served this congregation are Elder Henry Adrian, Franz Ediger, Peter Wall, and Gerhard Franz. In 1921 this congregation united as a body with the Mennonite Brethren Church of Buhler, after having been the mother church of other congregations in Reno, McPherson, and Harvey counties in Kansas.


Author(s) Jacob J Toews
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Toews, Jacob J. "Ebenezer Mennonite Brethren Church (Reno County, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 26 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ebenezer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Reno_County,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=87176.

APA style

Toews, Jacob J. (1956). Ebenezer Mennonite Brethren Church (Reno County, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ebenezer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Reno_County,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=87176.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 136. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.