From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Ebenezer Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church, in Henderson, York County, Nebraska, had a membership of 93 in 1954. It was organized as a congregation on 5 November 1882, with Elder Isaac Peters as its first leader. Its first services were held in a schoolhouse. A little later a church was built one mile south of the present village of Henderson. In 1915 the church was moved to Henderson and remodeled. A parsonage was built in 1934. The Sunday school was organized in 1883, the Christian Endeavor on 16 February 1908, and a church choir in 1915. This congregation was one of the two (the other was Mountain Lake congregation in Minnesota) founding congregations of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren group. Johann P. Epp was one of the leading ministers, following Isaac Peters. He served as minister 1883-1917, four years of this term as elder. In 1953 F. G. Thomas was pastor.


Author(s) H. C Quiring
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Quiring, H. C. "Ebenezer Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Henderson, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ebenezer_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Henderson,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=87174.

APA style

Quiring, H. C. (1956). Ebenezer Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Henderson, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ebenezer_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Henderson,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=87174.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 135-136. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.