Difference between revisions of "East Goshen Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Added image.)
Line 1: Line 1:
East Goshen Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) was organized 6 December 1947, and was admitted to the [[Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference]] on 2 June 1948. A new brick meetinghouse was dedicated 17 October 1949. The congregation began in 1946 as an extension Sunday school of the [[Goshen College (Goshen, Indiana, USA)|Goshen College]] Young People's Christian Association. Its membership in 1954 was 180. The bishop-pastor was Paul M. Miller and the minister Ray Keim.
+
__FORCETOC__
 +
__TOC__
 +
[[File:EastGoshen.jpg|350px|thumbnail|right|East Goshen Mennonite Church, Goshen, IN.<br />
 +
Source: Photo courtesy of John Yoder.<br />
 +
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/119297727.]]
 +
East Goshen Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) was organized 6 December 1947, and was admitted to the [[Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference]] on 2 June 1948. A new brick meetinghouse was dedicated 17 October 1949. The congregation began in 1946 as an extension Sunday school of the [[Goshen College (Goshen, Indiana, USA)|Goshen College]] Young People's Christian Association.  
 +
 
 +
Its membership in 1954 was 180, the bishop-pastor was Paul M. Miller, and the minister was Ray Keim.
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
East Goshen Mennonite Church [http://www.eastgoshenmc.org/ website]
+
'''Address''': 17861 S.R. 4, Goshen IN 46528
 +
 
 +
'''Phone''': 574-533-7161
  
<h4 align="center"></h4>
+
'''Website''': [http://www.eastgoshenmc.org/ East Goshen Mennonite Church]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 122|date=1953|a1_last=Miller|a1_first=Paul M|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 122|date=1953|a1_last=Miller|a1_first=Paul M|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church USA Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Indiana Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Revision as of 15:38, 15 May 2015

East Goshen Mennonite Church, Goshen, IN.
Source: Photo courtesy of John Yoder.
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/119297727.

East Goshen Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) was organized 6 December 1947, and was admitted to the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference on 2 June 1948. A new brick meetinghouse was dedicated 17 October 1949. The congregation began in 1946 as an extension Sunday school of the Goshen College Young People's Christian Association.

Its membership in 1954 was 180, the bishop-pastor was Paul M. Miller, and the minister was Ray Keim.

Additional Information

Address: 17861 S.R. 4, Goshen IN 46528

Phone: 574-533-7161

Website: East Goshen Mennonite Church


Author(s) Paul M Miller
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Paul M. "East Goshen Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 20 May 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_Goshen_Mennonite_Church_(Goshen,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=131888.

APA style

Miller, Paul M. (1953). East Goshen Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_Goshen_Mennonite_Church_(Goshen,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=131888.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 122. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.