Jump to: navigation, search

The East Fairview Mennonite Church, Milford, Seward County, Nebraska, was a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference. The first communion service was held in 1875, with 11 members, and the first meetinghouse was built in 1878 and dedicated with a membership of 50. The 1954 membership was 440. Bishops who served this congregation up to 1954 were Joseph Schlegel, N. E. Roth, P. R. Kennel, and J. E. Zimmerman; ministers were P. P. Hershberger, Joseph Gasho, Joseph Rediger, Jacob Stauffer, William Schlegel, and George S. Miller. In 1954 the ministers were Ammon Miller and Oliver Roth, with W. R. Richer serving as bishop.

Author(s) Ammon M Miller
Date Published 1953

[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Ammon M. "East Fairview Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 Feb 2017.,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=87143.

APA style

Miller, Ammon M. (1953). East Fairview Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 February 2017, from,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=87143.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 119. All rights reserved.

©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.