From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The East Fairview Mennonite Church, [[Milford (Seward County, Nebraska, USA)|Milford]], Seward County, [[Nebraska (USA)|Nebraska]], was a member of the [[Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church)|Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference]]. The first communion service was held in 1875, with 11 members, and the first meetinghouse was built in 1878 and dedicated with a membership of 50. The 1954 membership was 440. Bishops who served this congregation up to 1954 were [[Schlegel, Joseph (1837-1913)|Joseph Schlegel]], [[Roth, Nicholas E. (1870-1939)|N. E. Roth]], P. R. Kennel, and J. E. Zimmerman; ministers were P. P. Hershberger, Joseph Gasho, Joseph Rediger, Jacob Stauffer, William Schlegel, and George S. Miller. In 1954 the ministers were Ammon Miller and Oliver Roth, with W. R. Richer serving as bishop.
 
The East Fairview Mennonite Church, [[Milford (Seward County, Nebraska, USA)|Milford]], Seward County, [[Nebraska (USA)|Nebraska]], was a member of the [[Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church)|Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference]]. The first communion service was held in 1875, with 11 members, and the first meetinghouse was built in 1878 and dedicated with a membership of 50. The 1954 membership was 440. Bishops who served this congregation up to 1954 were [[Schlegel, Joseph (1837-1913)|Joseph Schlegel]], [[Roth, Nicholas E. (1870-1939)|N. E. Roth]], P. R. Kennel, and J. E. Zimmerman; ministers were P. P. Hershberger, Joseph Gasho, Joseph Rediger, Jacob Stauffer, William Schlegel, and George S. Miller. In 1954 the ministers were Ammon Miller and Oliver Roth, with W. R. Richer serving as bishop.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 119|date=1953|a1_last=Miller|a1_first=Ammon M|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 119|date=1953|a1_last=Miller|a1_first=Ammon M|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:43, 20 August 2013

The East Fairview Mennonite Church, Milford, Seward County, Nebraska, was a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference. The first communion service was held in 1875, with 11 members, and the first meetinghouse was built in 1878 and dedicated with a membership of 50. The 1954 membership was 440. Bishops who served this congregation up to 1954 were Joseph Schlegel, N. E. Roth, P. R. Kennel, and J. E. Zimmerman; ministers were P. P. Hershberger, Joseph Gasho, Joseph Rediger, Jacob Stauffer, William Schlegel, and George S. Miller. In 1954 the ministers were Ammon Miller and Oliver Roth, with W. R. Richer serving as bishop.


Author(s) Ammon M Miller
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Ammon M. "East Fairview Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Milford,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=87143.

APA style

Miller, Ammon M. (1953). East Fairview Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Milford,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=87143.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 119. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.