From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

East Brewton, Escambia County, Alabama, was a mission center (Mennonite Church) established by the Itinerant Evangelizing Committee of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. John R. Lehman was ordained for this work in 1944, J. Wilbur Martin in 1945, and Elam B. Hollinger in 1947. The work was started by short-term social service workers from the north in numerous summer Bible schools and in evangelism in Alabama and Florida. In 1954 Edgar S. Denlinger was in charge of the congregation of eight members.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "East Brewton (Escambia County, Alabama, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_Brewton_(Escambia_County,_Alabama,_USA)&oldid=87139.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1953). East Brewton (Escambia County, Alabama, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=East_Brewton_(Escambia_County,_Alabama,_USA)&oldid=87139.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 118. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.