From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:11, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Dry River Union Church was located one mile (two kms) northwest of Lily, in Ashby District, Rockingham County, Virginia. It originally was sponsored by the Methodist Episcopal, German Baptist, and Mennonite Church denominations. After the old early-19th-century log building was destroyed by fire on 22 September 1912, the church was rebuilt the same year under the auspices of the United Brethren, Methodist, and Mennonite churches. The Mennonites held their last service here in the 1930s. In 1942 the trustees sold the building. Two unkept graveyards separated by the main highway are all that remain.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Dry River Union Church (Lily, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 28 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dry_River_Union_Church_(Lily,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=80310.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1956). Dry River Union Church (Lily, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dry_River_Union_Church_(Lily,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=80310.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 105. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.