From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:30, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Dragass (also known as Tragoszcz, Dragasz, Tragas, Dragaß; now known as Dragacz; coordinates: 53.50566 N, 18.73899 E [53° 30' 20.4" N, 18° 44' 20.3" E]; population in 1852, 510, in 1910, 489, in 2012, 610), was a former Mennonite village near Gross-Lubin, Schwetz district, on the left shore of the Vistula River in Polish Prussia. Dutch Mennonites settled there in the 17th or even 16th century.

Bibliography

"Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Hans-Jürgen Wolf. Web. 29 September 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de.

Szper, Felicia.  Nederlandsche nederzettingen in West-Pruisen gedurende den poolschen tijd. Enkhuizen: P. Bais, 1913: 134-135.

Maps

Map:Dragacz (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published September 2012


Cite This Article

MLA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne and Richard D. Thiessen. "Dragass (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2012. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dragass_(Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94431.

APA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne and Richard D. Thiessen. (September 2012). Dragass (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dragass_(Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94431.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 97. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.