From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:30, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search
Dirschau (now Tczew, Poland) Source: Wikipedia Commons
Dirschau (also known as Trsow and Derszewo, now known as Tczew; coordinates: 54.1° N, 18.716667° E [54° 6′ 0″ N, 18° 43′ 0″ E]; population in 1852, 5,360, in 1905, 14,184, in 1943, 25,689, in 2009, 60,279) on the left bank of the Vistula River some 20 miles (33 km) south of Danzig (now Gdansk). Formerly Prussian, and since 1920 Polish, it was the seat of the headquarters of the Mennonite Central Committee/Mennonite Relief Committee Polish relief unit, 1947-1948.

Bibliography

"Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Hans-Jürgen Wolf. Web. 29 September 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de.

"Tczew." Wikipedia. Web. 30 September 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tczew.

Maps

Map:Tczew (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Dirschau (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 31 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dirschau_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94382.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1956). Dirschau (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dirschau_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94382.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 68. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.