From GAMEO
Revision as of 03:28, 20 February 2014 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Dillonvale Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in a coal mining section near Steubenville, Ohio, was started in September 1942, following a series of tent meetings sponsored by the Kidron Mennonite Church, which remained responsible for the work. Services were held every Sunday in the chapel of the two-and-a-half-story structure that was purchased in 1944 for that purpose. Evangelistic meetings and a summer Bible school were held every year. The membership in 1954 was 21, with Richard Hostetler as pastor. The congregation closed about 1957.


Author(s) Allen B Ebersole
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Ebersole, Allen B. "Dillonvale Mennonite Church (Dillonvale, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 2 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dillonvale_Mennonite_Church_(Dillonvale,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113323.

APA style

Ebersole, Allen B. (1956). Dillonvale Mennonite Church (Dillonvale, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dillonvale_Mennonite_Church_(Dillonvale,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113323.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 62. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.