From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:10, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Diamond Rock Mennonite Meetinghouse (Mennonite Church was formerly located near Cedar Hollow in Tredyffrin Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. It was also known as "Beidler's" and "Chester Valley." The building was razed in 1927.

Jacob Beidler of Bucks County settled on a farm near Valley Forge about 1802. In 1835 he had an important part in building the Diamond Rock Meetinghouse about one-half mile west of his home. After his death in 1864 it appears that no services were held there until 1908, when an attempt was made to revive the work. Preaching services were alternated between the Lancaster and Franconia conferences, and a Sunday school was organized. In 1910 this work was transferred to Frazer, which resulted in the founding of the congregation at that place under the Lancaster Conference.

Israel Beidler, the son of the founder of Diamond Rock Meetinghouse, held preaching services alternately at Phoenixville and Diamond Rock under the direction of the Eastern District Conference (General Conference Mennonite) for some time after 1847.


Author(s) Quintus Leatherman
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Leatherman, Quintus. "Diamond Rock Mennonite Meetinghouse (Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Diamond_Rock_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Chester_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80131.

APA style

Leatherman, Quintus. (1956). Diamond Rock Mennonite Meetinghouse (Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Diamond_Rock_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Chester_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80131.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 51. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.