From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:10, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Delaware Mennonite Church (MC USA) of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference is located in the Juniata Valley, a few miles north of Thompsontown. As of the 1950s the congregation met both in the Delaware meetinghouse and in Lost Creek under the bishop oversight of William W. Graybill, and Donald Lauver as assistant bishop. The minister in 2007 was Glenn D. Hosler. The membership in 2007 was 50. The first meetinghouse was built in1871. In 1953 a new one was built beside it. The older building was later used for a Christian day school.

Additional Information

Address (Meetinghouse):

Rt 333

Salem  Pennsylvania

Phone:

717-463-3941

Conference affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Delaware_Mennonite_Church_(Thompsontown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80080.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Delaware_Mennonite_Church_(Thompsontown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80080.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 29-30. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.