Revision as of 19:27, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Delaware Mennonite Church (MC USA) of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference is located in the Juniata Valley, a few miles north of Thompsontown. As of the 1950s the congregation met both in the Delaware meetinghouse and in Lost Creek under the bishop oversight of William W. Graybill, and Donald Lauver as assistant bishop. The minister in 2007 was Glenn D. Hosler. The membership in 2007 was 50. The first meetinghouse was built in1871. In 1953 a new one was built beside it. The older building was later used for a Christian day school.

Additional Information

Address (Meetinghouse):

Rt 333

Salem  Pennsylvania



Conference affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 26 Oct 2016.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=63275.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 October 2016, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=63275.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 29-30. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.