From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Text replace - "<strong> </strong>" to " ")
 
(3 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
The Delaware<strong> </strong>Mennonite Church (MC USA) of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference]] is located in the Juniata Valley, a<strong> </strong>few miles north of Thompsontown. As of the 1950s the congregation met both in the Delaware meetinghouse and in Lost Creek under the bishop oversight of William W. Graybill, and Donald Lauver as assistant bishop. The minister in 2007 was Glenn D. Hosler. The membership in 2007 was 50. The first meetinghouse was built in1871. In 1953 a new one was built beside it. The older building was later used for a Christian day school.
+
__TOC__
 +
The Delaware Mennonite Church (MC USA) of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference]] is located in the Juniata Valley, a few miles north of Thompsontown. As of the 1950s the congregation met both in the Delaware meetinghouse and in Lost Creek under the bishop oversight of William W. Graybill, and Donald Lauver as assistant bishop. The minister in 2007 was Glenn D. Hosler. The membership in 2007 was 50. The first meetinghouse was built in 1871. In 1953 a new one was built beside it. The older building was later used for a Christian day school.
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
Address (Meetinghouse):
+
'''Address (Meetinghouse)''': Rt. 333 & Delaware Church Rd., Thompsontown, Pa.
  
Rt 333
+
'''Phone''': 717-463-3941
  
Salem  Pennsylvania
+
'''Denominational Affiliations''':
 
+
Phone:
+
 
+
717-463-3941
+
 
+
Conference affiliations:
+
  
 
[http://www.lanmenconf.org/ Lancaster Mennonite Conference]
 
[http://www.lanmenconf.org/ Lancaster Mennonite Conference]
  
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 +
= Map =
 +
[[Map:Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, pp. 29-30|date=1956|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, pp. 29-30|date=1956|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 +
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church USA Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Lancaster Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Pennsylvania Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 03:11, 13 April 2014

Contents

The Delaware Mennonite Church (MC USA) of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference is located in the Juniata Valley, a few miles north of Thompsontown. As of the 1950s the congregation met both in the Delaware meetinghouse and in Lost Creek under the bishop oversight of William W. Graybill, and Donald Lauver as assistant bishop. The minister in 2007 was Glenn D. Hosler. The membership in 2007 was 50. The first meetinghouse was built in 1871. In 1953 a new one was built beside it. The older building was later used for a Christian day school.

[edit] Additional Information

Address (Meetinghouse): Rt. 333 & Delaware Church Rd., Thompsontown, Pa.

Phone: 717-463-3941

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Map

Map:Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 24 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Delaware_Mennonite_Church_(Thompsontown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=120119.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Delaware_Mennonite_Church_(Thompsontown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=120119.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 29-30. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.