From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The congregation began services and formally organized in 1955. The first building was occupied in 1955. Irwin Schantz is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Northern Light Gospel Mission.

In 1965 there were 25 members; in 1975, 26; in 1985, 27; in 1995, 27. The congregation has been affiliated with the Christian Anishinabec Fellowship (formerly called Northern Light Gospel Mission and Native Mennonite Conference) since 1955. The language of worship is Ojibway and English.

Daniel Meekis, Gordon Meekis and Saggius Rae served in 1997 as congregational leaders.

[edit] Bibliography

Frey, A.  Miracle at Deer Lake. Northern Light Gospel Mission, n.d., 20 pp

Horst, Mary. A Brief History of Northern Light Gospel Mission. Northern Light Gospel Mission, 1977, 15 pp.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: General Delivery, Red Lake, ON, P0V 1N0


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Deer Lake Mennonite Church (Red Lake, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1989. Web. 26 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Deer_Lake_Mennonite_Church_(Red_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87046.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1989). Deer Lake Mennonite Church (Red Lake, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Deer_Lake_Mennonite_Church_(Red_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87046.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.