From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:29, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Davlekanovo Mennonite Church, in Ufa, Russia, also called the "Ufimer" Church, was founded in 1898. In 1905 it had a membership of 153 with a total population of 401. The leading minister at that time was Gerhard Dyck, who had been the leader since 1902. Other ministers were Jakob Gerbrandt and F. F. Martens. The latter was ordained minister in 1909 and later as elder. Karl Friedrichsen, who for a number of years operated the Davlekanovo Bible School (or Mayak Bible School), was also a minister of the congregation.

Bibliography

Dirks, Heinrich. Statistik der Mennonitengemeinden in Russland Ende 1905 (Anhang zum Mennonitischen Jahrbuche 1904-05). Gnadenfeld: Dirks, 1906: 38, 64.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Davlekanovo Mennonite Church (Ufa, Bashkortostan, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Davlekanovo_Mennonite_Church_(Ufa,_Bashkortostan,_Russia)&oldid=94304.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1956). Davlekanovo Mennonite Church (Ufa, Bashkortostan, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Davlekanovo_Mennonite_Church_(Ufa,_Bashkortostan,_Russia)&oldid=94304.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 20. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.