From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:50, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
'
R.R. 1, St. Jacobs, ON. Located 1877 King St. N., 1 km west of Highway 86. Minister Manasseh Frey served in the 1980s as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation has been affiliated with the David Martin Old Order Mennonite Conference. The language of worship is German.

The congregation began services in 1917. The first building was occupied in 1920. David W. Martin is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through division from the Old Order Mennonites by David B. Martin over doctrine, particularly how rigorously to use the ban in matters of church discipline.

 


Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 208-209.



Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "David Martin Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 18 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=David_Martin_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(St._Jacobs,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=55936.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). David Martin Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=David_Martin_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(St._Jacobs,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=55936.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.