From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Cuba  Mennonite Church is located 12 miles (20 km) east of Fort Wayne, one mile west of  Harlan on State Road 37 in Allen County, Indiana. The congregation was organized with the assistance of S. J. Swartzendruber of Pigeon, Michigan, in 1924.  Ministers who served the congregation to 1952 were Menno D. Miller, Menno Coblentz, Noah Zehr, and Edwin Albrecht, pastor in 1952. The meetinghouse, built in 1949, accommodated a membership of 160.

The congregation was originally a member of the Conservative Mennonite Conference, but withdrew in the 1990s to become an unaffiliated congregation.

In 2007 the bishop was James L. Miller; the membership was 50. In 2014 the membership of the church was 70 and the congregation was served by Bishop Ronald Miller and Ministers Terry L. Myers and Arlyn Schmucker.


Author(s) Edwin Albrecht
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Albrecht, Edwin. "Cuba Mennonite Church (Harlan, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 28 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cuba_Mennonite_Church_(Harlan,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=117601.

APA style

Albrecht, Edwin. (1953). Cuba Mennonite Church (Harlan, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cuba_Mennonite_Church_(Harlan,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=117601.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 745. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.