From GAMEO
Revision as of 12:31, 26 August 2013 by SamSteiner (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Crystal Springs was a village in Harper County, south-central Kansas, on the southern branch of the Santa Fe Railroad, in the heart of a Mennonite community, one-fourth mile west and one mile north of the Crystal Springs Mennonite church. The village was composed of 15 families with a population of 50 in 1950 (the 2000 population was 22). The Mennonites began the Crystal Springs settlement in 1904. Since the population of the village was largely composed of Mennonites, its businesses were also largely owned or operated by Mennonites.


Author(s) Gideon G Yoder
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Yoder, Gideon G. "Crystal Springs (Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crystal_Springs_(Kansas,_USA)&oldid=100434.

APA style

Yoder, Gideon G. (1953). Crystal Springs (Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crystal_Springs_(Kansas,_USA)&oldid=100434.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 743. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.