Revision as of 07:48, 28 February 2014 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Crown Hill Mennonite School, Rittman, Ohio, was founded in September 1944, after the Crown Hill congregation had studied the possibilities in several meetings. The first term of school for grades one through eight was opened on 18 September 1944 with Alma Maust as teacher. During the 1946-47 term, 22 pupils were received from the Sonnenberg congregation, bringing the enrollment up to 52, of whom ten were taking first-year high-school work. With the opening of a school by the Sonnenberg congregation in the following year, the attendance dropped, ten being enrolled for 1952-53. The school closed within a year or two.

Author(s) Elmer O Hilty
Date Published 1953

Cite This Article

MLA style

Hilty, Elmer O. "Crown Hill Mennonite School (Rittman, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Oct 2016.,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=114406.

APA style

Hilty, Elmer O. (1953). Crown Hill Mennonite School (Rittman, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2016, from,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=114406.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 743. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.