From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Crown Hill Mennonite School, Rittman, Ohio, was founded in September 1944, after the Crown Hill congregation had studied the possibilities in several meetings. The first term of school for grades one through eight was opened on 18 September 1944 with Alma Maust as teacher. During the 1946-47 term, 22 pupils were received from the Sonnenberg congregation, bringing the enrollment up to 52, of whom ten were taking first-year high-school work. With the opening of a school by the Sonnenberg congregation in the following year, the attendance dropped, ten being enrolled for 1952-53. The school closed within a year or two.


Author(s) Elmer O Hilty
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Hilty, Elmer O. "Crown Hill Mennonite School (Rittman, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 26 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crown_Hill_Mennonite_School_(Rittman,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=114406.

APA style

Hilty, Elmer O. (1953). Crown Hill Mennonite School (Rittman, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crown_Hill_Mennonite_School_(Rittman,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=114406.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 743. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.