From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:42, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Crossroads Bible Church (Mennonite Church), until 1957 called Wayside Mennonite Church, four miles north of Gulfport, Mississippi, is a member of the South Central Mennonite Conference. The congregation was organized 13 May 1948, with Edward J. Miller as pastor, who was still serving in 1958. The members are largely natives of South Mississippi. In the spring of 1945 a Civilian Public Service (CPS) camp was established in the area of Gulfport, the men of which assisted in a union Sunday school in the camp church. In the fall of 1947 J. W. Hess held revival meetings at the Gulfhaven church. In just a little more than a year from the time the first members were baptized, a building was erected and a pastor placed in charge of a growing congregation, which in 1958 numbered 25 members.


Author(s) Paul Hershey
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hershey, Paul. "Crossroads Bible Church (Gulfport, Mississippi, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crossroads_Bible_Church_(Gulfport,_Mississippi,_USA)&oldid=86969.

APA style

Hershey, Paul. (1959). Crossroads Bible Church (Gulfport, Mississippi, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crossroads_Bible_Church_(Gulfport,_Mississippi,_USA)&oldid=86969.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 903. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.