Revision as of 19:26, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Corning Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, was located north of Sacramento, California, the center of a small Mennonite settlement established in 1907. E. Stanley, formerly of Nampa, Idaho, served as deacon and in 1911 was ordained minister. Services were held in an old Methodist church in Corning, the building having been purchased by Stanley. The first family moved away in 1910; others followed so that in several years no members remained there.

Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1953

Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Corning Mennonite Church (Corning, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 27 Oct 2016.,_California,_USA)&oldid=63123.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1953). Corning Mennonite Church (Corning, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 October 2016, from,_California,_USA)&oldid=63123.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 718. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.