From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:09, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Coopersburg, called Freyburg from 1818 to 1832, is located at the southern tip of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, and had a population of 1,462 in 1950 (2,582 in 2000). The original European settlers of this place were mostly Mennonites who immigrated from the Palatinate between 1725 and 1737. George Bachman was one of these early settlers. About 1738 the Saucon Mennonite Meetinghouse was built. Preacher Michael Landis built a house here in 1808, which is well preserved. The Calvary Bible Fellowship Church is also located here. The Mennonite population of the area was 250 in 1950.

Maps

Map:Coopersburg (Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ward W Shelly
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Shelly, Ward W. "Coopersburg (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 17 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Coopersburg_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=79874.

APA style

Shelly, Ward W. (1953). Coopersburg (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Coopersburg_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=79874.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 709. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.