Revision as of 19:09, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Conestoga Mennonite Church was the meetinghouse and name used by the St. Jacobs, Ontario, Mennonite Church before it moved to St. Jacobs in 1915. The first Conestogo meetinghouse was one of logs erected in 1844, followed by a frame building ca. 1852, both located on the east bank of the Conestoga River, 2.5 miles (4 km) northwest of the village of St. Jacobs.

Author(s) Joseph C Fretz
Date Published 1953

Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. "Conestoga Mennonite Church (St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 24 Oct 2016.,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=79838.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. (1953). Conestoga Mennonite Church (St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 October 2016, from,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=79838.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 668. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.