From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:41, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Clearwater Mennonite Church, now extinct, was located near Youngstown, in east-central Alberta. The first settlers came to the area in 1910. The church was organized in 1912 by Bishop Norman B. Stauffer. Ordained brethren who served the church were Isaac MillerM. H. Schmitt and Abe Reist, the latter being ordained there in 1919. Year after year of drought with only an occasional good crop was the cause of the abandonment of this district. The last Mennonite family left in 1924, moving to Tofield, Alberta.

Bibliography

Stauffer, Ezra. History of the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference. 1960: 18.


Author(s) Ezra Stauffer
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Stauffer, Ezra. "Clearwater Mennonite Church (Reist, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 26 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Clearwater_Mennonite_Church_(Reist,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=86847.

APA style

Stauffer, Ezra. (1953). Clearwater Mennonite Church (Reist, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Clearwater_Mennonite_Church_(Reist,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=86847.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 620. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.