Clear Spring Mennonite Church (Clear Spring, Maryland, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:08, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

Clear Spring Mennonite Church, located one mile south (two km) of Clear Spring, Maryland is a member of the Washington County, Maryland, and Franklin County, Pennsylvania, Mennonite Conference. The earliest meetinghouse was built in 1857 and rebuilt in 1912. Ministers who served the congregation include John Summers, John Rowland, Daniel Roth, Abraham Ebersole, and Josiah Brewer. In 1948 Samuel R. Eby served as pastor and M. K. Horst as bishop. The congregation consisted of a rural people in the mid-20th century. Sunday school was conducted with every morning service, which was biweekly. The 1949 membership was 71. In 2009 the membership was 87; C. Leonard Eby and C. Lester Eby served as ministers.

Maps

Map:Clear Spring Mennonite Church (Clear Spring, Maryland)


Author(s) John D Risser
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Risser, John D. "Clear Spring Mennonite Church (Clear Spring, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Clear_Spring_Mennonite_Church_(Clear_Spring,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=79722.

APA style

Risser, John D. (1953). Clear Spring Mennonite Church (Clear Spring, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Clear_Spring_Mennonite_Church_(Clear_Spring,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=79722.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 620. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.