From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Tiffin Civilian Public Service Unit No. 147 at the Tiffin State Institute, Tiffin, Ohio, opened in June 1945 and closed in November of that year when the place was changed from a home for epileptics to a mental institution. The twenty CPS men engaged in farm and maintenance work. The Mennonite Central Committee operated this unit, composed of men interested in music, who participated in music classes after their working hours.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 246.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Tiffin, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Tiffin,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=86824.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Unit (Tiffin, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Tiffin,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=86824.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 723. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.