Civilian Public Service Unit (Tiffin, Ohio, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:41, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

Tiffin Civilian Public Service Unit No. 147 at the Tiffin State Institute, Tiffin, Ohio, opened in June 1945 and closed in November of that year when the place was changed from a home for epileptics to a mental institution. The twenty CPS men engaged in farm and maintenance work. The Mennonite Central Committee operated this unit, composed of men interested in music, who participated in music classes after their working hours.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 246.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Tiffin, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Tiffin,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=86824.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Unit (Tiffin, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Tiffin,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=86824.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 723. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.