Civilian Public Service Unit (Livermore, California, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Livermore, California was the location of Mennonite Civilian Public Service (CPS) unit No. 150, which served in the United States Veterans' Hospital at that place, an institution for tubercular patients. On 1 December 1945 a total of 117 CPS men arrived at the hospital, but the number declined in the following months because of transfers and demobilization. The unit was closed in December 1946.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace: A History of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 273 f.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Livermore, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 23 Feb 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Livermore,_California,_USA)&oldid=79640.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1956). Civilian Public Service Unit (Livermore, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 February 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Livermore,_California,_USA)&oldid=79640.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 378. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.