From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
CPS camp #40; postcard; artist unknown, ca. 1943. Scan courtesy of Mennonite Church USA Archives--North Newton. 2003-0189
Howard (Pennsylvania) Civilian Public Service Unit No. 40, under Mennonite Central Committee direction, attached to the U.S. Government Soil Conservation Service, was established in June 1942 and closed in June 1943. Leaders were in order Ralph Hernley and Jesse Short. The work consisted chiefly of operating the Howard Nursery of the Soil Conservation Service. The unit had approximately 50 men.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Howard, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Howard,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117944.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1956). Civilian Public Service Unit (Howard, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Howard,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117944.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 823. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.