Civilian Public Service Unit (Farnhurst, Delaware, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:27, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130823)

Jump to: navigation, search
Delaware State Hospital. Source: Mennonite Church USA Archives 2013-0084m
The Farnhurst (Delaware) Civilian Public Service (CPS) Unit No. 58 was officially opened in November 1942, although 25 CPS men had arrived there a month earlier. The unit employed by the Delaware State Hospital performed a variety of skilled and unskilled tasks in this mental institution, including work in occupational therapy and physiotherapy. The unit was closed in October 1946.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace: a History of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 219.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Farnhurst, Delaware, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Farnhurst,_Delaware,_USA)&oldid=94162.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1956). Civilian Public Service Unit (Farnhurst, Delaware, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Farnhurst,_Delaware,_USA)&oldid=94162.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 313. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.