Civilian Public Service Unit (American Fork, Utah, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:58, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130823)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
CPS unit #127, ca. 1945. Scan courtesy of Mennonite Church USA Archives-North Newton 2011-0016

American Fork, Utah, was the location of Mennonite Civilian Public Service Unit Number 127, which was established at the Utah Training School in January 1944 and closed in February 1946. It housed 650 children on a six hundred-acre farm. The fifteen men of the unit worked mainly on the farm, doing diversified tasks, including the maintenance of the grounds and the plant. A few spent most of their time doing attendant work with children.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (American Fork, Utah, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 22 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(American_Fork,_Utah,_USA)&oldid=91454.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1955). Civilian Public Service Unit (American Fork, Utah, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(American_Fork,_Utah,_USA)&oldid=91454.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 87. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.