Civilian Public Service Camp (New Raymer, Colorado, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

New Raymer, Colorado, was the address of a permanent side camp under the administration of the Fort Collins Civilian Public Service Camp No. 33 during World War II. It was known as Buckingham Side Camp, and was located on an abandoned farm site in an arid region about 70 miles (115 km) east of Fort Collins. The campers, under Mennonite direction, built fences, reseeded grasslands, drilled wells, and built stock water tanks.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 122, 158, passim.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (New Raymer, Colorado, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Jun 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(New_Raymer,_Colorado,_USA)&oldid=86830.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Camp (New Raymer, Colorado, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 June 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(New_Raymer,_Colorado,_USA)&oldid=86830.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 863. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.