From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Medaryville (Indiana) Civilian Public Service Camp No. 28, which is about five miles (8 km) north of Medaryville, was opened in the Jasper-Pulaski Game Preserve when the Bluffton, IN, Camp No. 13 was moved to this location in early April 1942. It was a Mennonite-administered camp, and was the site of a handicraft institute in September 1944 and a conscription institute in March 1945. The men worked in a tree seedling nursery and on a game farm and participated in emergency farm work. The Peace Sentinel was published by the camp from July 1942 to March 1946. The camp was closed in April 1946.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 126-128.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Medaryville, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 1 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Medaryville,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=86828.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1957). Civilian Public Service Camp (Medaryville, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Medaryville,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=86828.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 549. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.