From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:41, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Galax, Virginia was the site of Civilian Public Service Camp No. 39, which was approved in May 1942 and was closed in May 1943. Operated by the Mennonite Central Committee, the camp was a National Park Service camp, located 15 miles (25 km) south of Galax on the Blue Ridge Parkway. When the camp was closed the men were moved to the camp at Three Rivers, California.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 149-150.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Galax, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 23 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Galax,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=86832.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1955). Civilian Public Service Camp (Galax, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Galax,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=86832.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 431. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.