From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:27, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search
CPS Leadership Training School. Scan courtesy [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen ]IX-13-2-2
Downey Civilian Public Service Camp No. 67 was a soil conservation camp under the Mennonite Central Committee, located near Downey, in southeastern Idaho. The camp was opened in November 1942, when Camp Henry was transferred to Downey, and closed in February 1946. The work consisted primarily of the construction and improvement of irrigation systems and of emergency farm labor. Several side camps were operated by No. 67.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Downey, Idaho, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Downey,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=94156.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1956). Civilian Public Service Camp (Downey, Idaho, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Downey,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=94156.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 96. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.