Civilian Public Service Camp (Downey, Idaho, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:08, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

Downey Civilian Public Service Camp No. 67 was a soil conservation camp under the Mennonite Central Committee, located near Downey, in southeastern Idaho. The camp was opened in November 1942, when Camp Henry was transferred to Downey, and closed in February 1946. The work consisted primarily of the construction and improvement of irrigation systems and of emergency farm labor. Several side camps were operated by No. 67.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Downey, Idaho, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 24 May 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Downey,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=79627.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1956). Civilian Public Service Camp (Downey, Idaho, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Downey,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=79627.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 96. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.